OK, I have a tentative schedule for 2009. It is very ambitious, but of all the projects, only 4 are “must do’s”
I broke them out between big projects and little ones. The intention is that I can have a couple of small projects going and one major one. First the “must do’s”
- The Emma Peet dress for Victoria. This will be next. I ordered the book from the library and as soon as it comes in I will start this. Should be a quickie.
- Autumn Rose for Rachael. This will be next in queue. Will be for her birthday but want to ensure it gets done in time. I must buy the pattern book for this. Knit Picks won’t have it until June. May have to wait.
- My husband deserves a special gift. He is the most wonderful man so I am going to make him the beautiful St Edna by Alice Starmore. Here is a picture of someone else’s completed project. It is nice and loose fitting the way he likes.
- Kimono Baby Sweater from the book Mason Dixon Knitting. This will be for DJ’s baby coming in April and will be a quick knit.
Here are the things I would like to do, but may not have time:
- Alba Jacket by Alice Starmore. This is so beautiful I would love to have this one day.
- St Brigid sweater by Alice Starmore. Another breathtaking beauty. Maybe this year? The woman in the link made hers with a hood. What a great idea! I would never be that bold.
- Frog “the Thing” and make EZ’s Aran Jacket
- Lots of socks!
- Hats with leftover Lopi
- Moebius scarf with the black alpaca
- Still not sure what to make with all that Lopi Lite I have. I don’t think it will serve well with the St Brigid. It is too dark to see all the beautiful cable work.
Here is The St Brigid I started. I am using the dark burgundy Lopi Lite and I made gauge using US4. The pattern calls for 7’s and I am thinking maybe I should go up to a 5. I am going to continue until I finish one set of the cable pattern and measure again. See if my gauge is too tight. Then I will frog it. I need a different yarn for this. Maybe some Knit Picks Wool of the Andes.
As you can see this is too dark a color for a cable sweater.
Here is the St Edna I want to make Marc. This photo I got from ravelry. It is not my work. Just borrowed the photo so you could see what it will look like.